Where the hell do I start..

After much deliberation and more than a shove from my overly-wonderful husband, I have finally created a blog. Like most people, creating the blog page is the easy part. It's finding shit to write about that does your head in. With a wide range of audiences, I'm fucked. So, I'm takin' a stab at this. Sorry if anything I come up with offends or surprises anyone. This is my blog, so all you haters can hit the damn road.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Nice 'n Easy gets Dirty 'n Mean

This first blog is for the ladies, and any men who find it necessary to dye their hair for whatever reason..

I recently came home from an interview in San Fransisco and popped into the shops for a few things. It's not unusual to find me hovering around clearance racks, rummaging through the latest bargains. I mean, who doesn't like a price cut on a product you wouldn't normally buy due to the bullshit expensive prices?

So, I stumble across a couple of boxes of Clairol, Nice 'n Easy, Color Blend Foam, for $3.99. Now, from what I know, this is a fairly new product. I've seen a few adds crapping on about how easy it is to use the new foam.

I was fronted with two options, dark brown or medium brown. Naturally, my hair is a medium to dark brown with red undertones. I figured that the medium brown would suit me best.

I purchase two boxes and go home to test this new bargain out.


After applying the dye and waiting a disgusting 25 odd minutes, I rinse the shit off and head straight to my laptop. Clairol.com was about to feel the wrath of my foot fair up the ass of their email inbox. This is what I wrote;

Customer Comment:

RE: Clairol Nice 'n Easy Color Blend Foam
Shade - 5 Medium Brown

I couldn't believe how much ammonia was in this product, no product of yours or any other company has given me a headache like the one I received from using this particular product! Not only does my hair smell awful, even after conditioning and drying, but the intended shade wasn't as expected. I'm used to getting a fairly deep brown coverage, but black? Seriously?!  Way to completely ruin my hair. I will not be purchasing anymore Clairol products in the near future if this is what is going to be the final result.
Thank you for the painful headache, smelly black (not brown) hair.

-Ava

This is a perfect example of what not to expect when dying your own hair. Ladies, steer clear from this shit-tastic product.

Should be interesting to see what sort of a response I get.

2 comments:

  1. I believe you with this Nice n Easy claim. I have used many hair coloring products. Clairol Nice n Easy the way too dark effect on me then it so Nice n Easily washes away 3 days after. So grays can wonderully show up yet again. ~Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smight those unruly greys, but not with something that claims to be "easy", never know what your gunna get. ^_-

    ReplyDelete