Where the hell do I start..

After much deliberation and more than a shove from my overly-wonderful husband, I have finally created a blog. Like most people, creating the blog page is the easy part. It's finding shit to write about that does your head in. With a wide range of audiences, I'm fucked. So, I'm takin' a stab at this. Sorry if anything I come up with offends or surprises anyone. This is my blog, so all you haters can hit the damn road.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Virtual Lego

I've converted! Finally, after a few weeks of nagging from my husband, I'm pulled into the virtual lego-land of block people that is widely known as Minecraft. Didn't take a day or so to get the hang of this pixelated game. Another grand way to express my not-so-well-known crafty talents. Not that I've built a major city or the USS Enterprise but my architectural qualities are certainly starting to show.

Since becoming admin on my husbands server, I've learned to abuse the "/giveme" rights beyond my control. Instead of digging and mining for ores, (hence the game name) I took the liberty to supply myself with what ever items I need to slap together a building.

Although this game seems pretty simple, our NoobCraft server has had nothing but issues with monsters and creepers..(Zombies and skeletons are obviously still a rather popular character choice as the 'bad guys' in gaming today.) These bloody things just don't know when to leave well enough alone. I swear, if your not rockin' peaceful mode, your bound to hear 'for fuck sakes' or 'not again!' every 5 minutes or so. Which, personally, shits me. It's like the latest creeper saying; "that's a nice EVERYTHING you have... be a shame if something happened to it." Those things have two words programmed.. "TSSSSSssssssss..... BOOOM" then suddenly - nothing, everything surrounding that fucker, blown to the moon and back and you'll be lucky to make it out alive without armor. As I found out the hard way.. several times.



The game itself is addictive.. If your not digging, your building and when your not building, your blowing shit up with a fuck-ton of TNT. Seriously, whats not to love?

I'm currently working on a replica of the house my husband grew up in.. It's bound to keep me occupied for a few more days, then its off to bigger, better designs.

NoobCraft Server House

4 comments:

  1. Dont tell me you have moved on from, ohhh what was it now WOW?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW lacks a certain challenge.. it's just not the way it used to be. But no i havn't 'moved on' just yet. If anyone should randomly ask me what i do for a living, i'll continue to respond with "i'm a paladin tank.. but getting to 85 was like a major bore for me" /flicks hair and giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice house do you mind if i copy it (remake it) on my server it would be a nice thing to have

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you joey14. Of course you may copy my house, what's the point of designing if you cannot inspire others? I appreciate you asking =D

    ReplyDelete