Where the hell do I start..

After much deliberation and more than a shove from my overly-wonderful husband, I have finally created a blog. Like most people, creating the blog page is the easy part. It's finding shit to write about that does your head in. With a wide range of audiences, I'm fucked. So, I'm takin' a stab at this. Sorry if anything I come up with offends or surprises anyone. This is my blog, so all you haters can hit the damn road.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Craplications and Shitinterviews >_>

I think it's fair to say that after several 6hour car trips, pointless interviews and waiting months for a piece of paper, I think I finally have it. Assuming it's all approved.

Green Cards, a lot harder to come by than just your average visa. Here's hoping I'm getting mine sent to me within the month. So, while I wait my next step is job hunting and damn I'm way out of practice on this one. Not to mention, America, you have the most REEEEE-diculous system for applying to jobs.



After several hours of just filling in the info about yourself, dating fucking 10 years* back or so, you hit another wall. Pages upon pages of pointless questions to do with fuck all. Well actually, if 1/3 of the population had half a brain and had some sense of self initiative, the applications probably wouldn't ask the same bloody question 20 times in a row.

Bugger it, I don't need to work out or clean the house today. I just filled out one application to a shitty nothing store, that will probably hire some loser dickhead that doesn't have a clue how to relate to customers but happens to have half a degree in bullshittery... Several wasted hours later - I'm hittin' the sheets. Why do we bother seriously. Australia, you've got one thing good going for you at the moment, lots of jobs with applications that take 20mins to fill out, GOD I miss you.

Goooooood Night.


* Note - in the past 20 odd years I've actually moved over 25 times.. So dating back 10 years of housing and jobs is utter BS. For me anyway..


No comments:

Post a Comment